Delicious,small bites of energy protein balls can boost your energy instantly.I am a sucker for all kinds of energy bars just because there is so many varieties-you never get bored-plus they are perfect if you started working out and you need energy.I found for you 3 different recipes for this delicious fit-treat.
Chocolate Raspberry Protein Balls
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 servings vanilla plant-based protein powder (about 35 grams; I used Vega)
- 8 dates, pitted
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup freeze-dried raspberries
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the oats, cashews, protein powder, dates, cocoa powder, and salt in a food processor, and blend until everything is a smooth, floury consistency.
- Add the banana, and blend until a thick, slightly sticky dough forms.
- Roll out 25 balls, and place them on the parchment paper.
- Pulse the freeze-dried raspberries in a Nutribullet or food processor.
- Roll each ball in the raspberry powder, and return to the cookie sheet.
- Store in the fridge in a sealed container for up to a week.
Raw chocolate and coconut energy bites
The base is made up of almonds, rolled oats & chewy Medjool dates. To get the chocolatey flavor without any dairy, I use raw cacao powder which is full of antioxidants and much richer than conventional over-processed “cocoa”. For the finishing touch, I love rolling these balls in unsweetened dessicated coconut.
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 rolled oats, gluten-free
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp unsweetened desiccated coconut, for rolling
- Add almonds and rolled oats to a high-speed blender or food processor.
- Process until they’re completely broken down into a flour-like consistency.
- Add Medjool dates, raw cacao powder, and coconut sugar and process.
- Continue to process until a sticky ball of dough forms.
- Scoop out by the tablespoon and roll into balls between your hands.
- Roll balls in coconut.
Place in the freezer for 1-2 hours to set.
Cranberry vanilla energy bites
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup raw almonds or almond meal
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (unsweetened if you want them to be paleo)
- 1/2 cup chopped medjool dates, about 6-7 dates
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- In a high speed blender or food processor add the cashews and almonds and pulse until they are finely ground, careful not to turn them into nut butter.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and blend or pulse until everything starts to come together.
- Scrape down the sides several times and add up to 2 tablespoons of water.
- You may need to remove the mixture and place it into a bowl and mash it together with your hands or a spatula.
- Form into approximately 20 balls about 2 teaspoons each.
- Store the energy bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer.
That looks so yummy.Treat yourself without guilt!