This is so much fun ! It is Christmas and we are enjoying every second of it in our house ! Today we made this amazing delicious vanilla Christmas cookies in the shape of lollypop – and they are making us feel thrilled , just lifting our mood !
∙ Makes 20 cookies
1 Egg, large
Baking & Spices
3 cups All-purpose flour
3/4 tsp Food coloring, red
2 cup Powdered sugar
1/2 tsp Salt+ vanilla extract
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine butter and powdered sugar until fluffy.
- Add egg, vanilla extract, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- Reduce mixer speed and add flour and salt, mixing until well combined.
- Divide dough in half.
- In the bowl of the stand mixer, combine 1/2 the cookie dough with red food coloring.
- Shape cookie dough into disc and cover tightly with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate one hour or up to overnight.
- Once dough has chilled, preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Measure one tablespoon of each color dough and gently roll into 6 inch long log shapes.
- Twist cookie dough together and transfer to parchment paper or silpat lined baking sheet.
- Chill shaped cookie dough for 15 minutes before baking.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, or until bottoms of cookies are a very light golden brown
There you go ! They are literally perfect ! Try them ! Merry Christmas guys !